Call for Papers
Committees and Chairs
Venue and Travel
The Ninth International Conference on Discovery Science
(DS-2006) will be held in Barcelona, Spain, on 7-10 October
2006. DS-2006 will be collocated with
the Seventeenth International Conference on Algorithmic
Learning Theory. The two conferences will be held in
parallel, and they will share the invited talks.
Submission deadline for the student mentoring program: 27 April 2006 (CLOSED)
Submission deadline: 26 May 2006 (CLOSED)
Notifications of acceptance: 30 June 2006 (SENT OUT)
Camera-ready copy due: 15 July 2006 (ALL PAPERS AND COPYRIGHT FORMS RECEIVED)
Early registration due: 1 September 2006 (CLOSED)
Conference: 7-10 October 2006
- [October 2006]
- Slides of the invited talk "The Usage of the Spectral Norm in Learning Theory: Some Selected Topics" given by Hans Ulrich Simon are available here.
- The proceedings of the DS-2006 conference (LNAI 4265) are now available online at SpringerLink. You can find more information here or access the online version here.
- [September 2006]
- The Carl Smith Student Award Winner for DS-2006 is Rita Ribeiro for the paper Rule-based Prediction of Rare Extreme Values co-authored by Luis Torgo.
- The Joint (DS and ALT) Conference Program is now available in PDF format.
- [August 2006]
- Instructions for presenters available.
- Schedule of the conference announced.
- Due to server maintenance registration site will be closed on Wednesday, 23rd and Thursday, 24th of August.
- DS-2006 proceedings will be published within Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) by Springer as volume number 4265.
- [July 2006]
- Deadline for authors' registration moved forward to 15th of August (originally 20th of July). Registration site should be open by 1st of August at latest. Further info on registration can be found here.
- List of accepted papers announced at the Program page.
- Please ignore the error messages produced by our fax machine for reciving copyright forms: it is due to an unknown malfunction.
- Camera-ready copy submission site avilable at http://www.easychair.org/DS2006/.
- [June 2006]
- Tutorials announced at the Program page.
- Sponsors of the DS/ALT conferences announced.
- Titles and abstracts of the invited lectures announced at the Program page.
- [May 2006]
- Submission site closed.
- [May 2006]
- Student mentoring program closed. Eight papers received and reviewed.
- [April 2006]
- Submission deadline for the student mentoring program anounced. More info on the Paper Sumbission page.
- [April 2006]
- Invited speakers announced at the Program page.
- [March 2006]
- PC members announced at the Committees and Chairs page.
- [December 2005]
- Web page established and Call for Papers announced.
The proceedings of the DS-2006 conference (LNAI 4265) are now available online at SpringerLink. You can find more information here or access the online version here.