My research interests are in the areas of Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Knowledge Discovery in Databases. More specifically, they include:
International research projects:
- Applications of Data Mining/Machine Learning in
- Environmental Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Natural Language Processing
- Combining Classifiers and Meta-Learning
- Computational Scientific Discovery and Equation Discovery
- Constraint-Based Data Mining and Data Mining Query Laguages
- Inductive Databases and Inductive Queries
- Inductive Logic Programming and Relational Data Mining
Recent invited talks:
- IQ: Inductive Queries for Mining Patterns and Models
- SIGMEA: Sustainable Introduction of GMOs into European Agriculture
- ECOGEN: Soil ecological and economic evaluation of genetically modified crops
- cInQ: consortium on discovering knowledge with Inductive Queries
- METAL: A Meta-Learning Assistant for Providing User Support in Machine Learning and Data Mining
- ILPnet2: Network of Excellence in Inductive Logic Programming
Editorial board member of journals:
- Multi-Relational Data Mining (S. Dzeroski and L. De Raedt). KDD-2003. Ninth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. Washington DC, USA, August 2003.
- Relational Data Mining. SDM-2003. SIAM International Conference on Data Mining. San Francisco, USA, May 2003.
- Relational Data Mining. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. Maebashi City, Japan, December 2002.
Selected past events:
- Program chair:
- AEDML-2004. Analysis of environmental data with machine learning methods.
Ljubljana, Slovenia, October 2004. Program chair.
- EAML-2004. International Workshop on Environmental Applications of Machine Learning and Data Mining.
Bled, Slovenia, September 2004. Program co-chair with B. Zenko.
- ECEM-2004. Fourth European Conference on Ecological Modelling.
Bled, Slovenia, September 2004. Program co-chair with M. Debeljak.
- Publicity co-chair:
- Program committee member:
- ICML-99. Sixteenth International Conference on Machine Learning.
Bled, Slovenia, June 1999. Co-chair with I. Bratko.
- ILP-99. Ninth International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming.
Bled, Slovenia, June 1999. Co-chair with P. Flach.
- ILP-97. Seventh International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming.
Prague, Czech Republic, September 1997. Program co-chair with N. Lavrac.
- KDID-03. Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in Inductive Databases held at ECML/PKDD-2003. Cavtat-Dubrovnik, Croatia, September, 2003. Co-chair with J.-F. Boulicaut.
- MRDM-03. Workshop on Multi-Relational Data Mining in conjunction with KDD-2003. Washington, DC, USA, August 2003. Co-chair with L. De Raedt and S. Wrobel.
- MRDM-02. Workshop on Multi-Relational Data Mining in conjunction with KDD-2002. Edmonton, Canada, July 2002. Co-chair with L. De Raedt and S. Wrobel.
- Summer schools: